PT Kilang Pertamina Intenasional (hereinafter referred to as PT KPI) is a sub-holding of PT PERTAMINA (PERSERO), responsible for operating six (6) Refinery Units. As part of their commitment to improving Process Safety Management (PSM) within the organisation, a plan was proposed to develop and implement a Barrier Management System (BMS), which covers PSM as well as the Asset Integrity Management System (AIMS).
PT KPI has invited Wolters Kluwer Enablon, as the developer of BowTie XP Software, and SynergenOG, as Wolters Kluwer Enablon’s official partner and reseller in Indonesia to support the Company through the provision of initial training in the understanding of how a Barrier Management System can be integrated into PT KPI’s PSM and AIM programmes and the benefit of implementing such a comprehensive BMS.
SCOPE OF SERVICE
The scope of service on this four covered the following activities:
- Facilitate the BMS and AIMS group discussion to develop Business Process and Project;
- Charter for the BMS and AIMS programme;
- Provide BMS Awareness Training; and
- Provide AIMS Awareness Training.
The aim of the BMS and AIMS Workshop was to develop a unified approach to process safety in order to:
- Align the approach to process safety across all BU;
- Provide a transparent representation of identified barriers;
- Allow comparison of systems implemented across BU for similar process facilities;
- Allow identification of any gaps in the systems provided; and
- Expand the identified barriers to encompass Performance Standards